Last Update : Wednesday 07 October 2020 at 21 h 35
Manual n° 1
By Hugo Labrande
Manual for : Amstrad CPC version
After crashing your plane at sea, you end up drifting to a small island, with not much to survive.
You explore, and find out the island was inhabited, years ago. But why did the people leave? And why
is there a fence around that big building at the top of the hill?
HOW TO PLAY
- Insert the disk in your Amstrad CPC (or your emulator).
- Start the system.
- Type |cpm.
- The game then starts.
Example of inputs recognized by the game are: go east, examine sky, inventory, enter ocean, take pebble,
open matchbook. Around 100 verbs are recognized by the game.
There are no built-in hints in the game (there just isn't the space!), so I encourage you to ask other
players for help!
If you encounter a bug, or if a sensible command wasn't recognized, or if you want to give me any sort
of feedback, don't hesitate to send me an email : hugo at hlabrande dot fr.
MANY THANKS TO
- Infocom, creators of the Z-Machine and of so many awesome adventure games that we're still using their
tools 40 years after;
- Graham Nelson, creator of Inform 6
- Andrew Plotkin, for his hard work and dedication to fixing the Inform 6 compiler's bugs that had
prevented z3 releases for years;
- Fredrik Ramsberg and Johan Berntsson, for the amazing PunyInform library, and many optimizations
- My testers: Brennen Kinch, Grimmnebulin, Jack Welch, Juhana Leinonen, Mark Walker;
- Stefan Vogt, for his help setting up many ports of this game, and his detailed answers to my technical questions.